Cucumber Mojito on the go
Step 1. Gum/chew 15 mint leaves.
Step 2. Pour 4 oz rum in mouth.
Step 3. Bite a cucumber after swallowing.
Total Time: 10 Min
Posted by Kale
Relaxing on the beach is one way to spend your summer, but for most of us summer means veggies on the grill and a backyard full of friends. Bring a little island flare to your next get-together by serving this deliciously crisp variation on a classic mojito.
15 Happy Boy mint leaves
10 thin slices of cucumber
1 oz lime juice
*1 oz simple syrup
2 oz light rum
1. Muddle mint, simple syrup, lime juice, and cucumber slices in the bottom of a shaker until mint and cucumber infuse the syrup.
2. Add rum, and fill shaker with crushed ice.
3. Shake till there is a light frost on the outside of shaker
4. Pour all contents of shaker into a highball glass
5. Garnish with mint and cucumber slice
* Simple Syrup
Combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil and let sit till cooled.
Escarole season is just around the corner, and these bold tasting heads should be popping up in our fields (and market-stands) in the upcoming weeks. Check out a great recipe for this unique green, and get ready for a winter-time treat!