Happy Boy Recipes
Total Time: 10 Min
Posted by Kale
Thyme has a strong flavor not often found in cocktails, but it happens to be the absolute perfect addition to an Old Fashioned. Combining the sharp spice of thyme with the smooth sting of bourbon, this bitters-enhanced cocktail is served ice cooled and neat for the perfect front porch beverage.
*1 tbl simple syrup
6 sprigs of thyme
4 dashes of bitters
2 oz bourbon
½ lime, juiced
1. Combine simple syrup, thyme (cleaned from sprigs), bitters, bourbon and lime juice in a shaker.
2. Shake till there is a light frost on the outside of shaker
3. Strain into 4-6 oz glass of choice - Serve neat.
4. Garnish with sprig of thyme and lime wedge.
5. Put on your best Houndstooth. Turn off most lights and pretend it’s winter.
* Simple Syrup
Combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil and let sit till cooled.
Follow the Farm
Escarole season is just around the corner, and these bold tasting heads should be popping up in our fields (and market-stands) in the upcoming weeks. Check out a great recipe for this unique green, and get ready for a winter-time treat!